A dental implant refers to a type of tooth replacement for either broken or missing teeth. The process of getting a dental implant typically occurs in three stages:
The 1st step involves placing a titanium type of screw into the jawbone (post) that acts like the root of the tooth. This post integrates into the jawbone so that the implants won’t slip or cause bone damage like dentures might.
The 2nd step is an abutment. This is attached to the post.
Finally, the 3rd step the crown (which looks like real teeth) is attached to the abutment.
The combination of these three steps represents a complete tooth replacement solution which is much better and more comfortable than dentures.
With that introduction, let’s explore the top 10 reasons to get a tooth implant:
- Dental implants preserve your bone and gum. When you lose a tooth, you start losing part of your jawbone and gum. This is not only unhealthy; it makes you look older. Dental implants prevent this from occurring (dentures don’t).
- Dental implants help protect the surrounding teeth. By stabilizing the jawbone and gums, other teeth remain stable and intact. You have less chance of loosing other teeth.
- Dental implants protect your smile. Without dental implants, your healthy teeth can move out of place creating crooked teeth.
- Dental Implants prevent gum loss with can prevent the need for a painful and costly root canals.
- Dental Implants last a long time (unlike dentures). In fact, 90% of implants last over 30 year).
- Dental implants improve your ability to chew and speak. With missing teeth or dentures, eating certain foods and speaking clearly can be compromised.
- Dental implants are most like your natural teeth. They look and feel completely natural.
- Dental implants are more comfortable than dentures. There is no slippage or maintenance needed.
- You don’t have to worry about missing teeth anymore. Dental implants look exactly like your normal teeth.
- Dental implants help you look your best. Avoid shrinkage of your jawbone, increase chance of additional tooth loss and uncomfortable ill-fitting dentures.
To get more more information on getting affordable dental implants, please visit our website at Risamed.com/dental or call us at 954-488-3110.